Emergency Water Removal Services In
Water damages can suddenly occur any time, and when they do, time is of the essence. Let our team of professionals handle your emergency water needs promptly to protect your home from further damage. Whether the water damage is weather-related or due to leaks or accidents in your home, occurs in your home or basement, or crawl space, we have the expertise needed to extract the water and dry out affected areas.
Top 10 Reasons Water Removal Companies In Are Called
- Appliances that have failed. The refrigerator's water line is a typical spot for leaks. Dishwashers and washing machines can also cause water damage.
- Roof leaks. Any place where two roof lines meet can be problematic if settling has caused gapping, or animals have chewed through the space to settle in the attic. Trees may fall on a home.
- Plumbing fixtures that overflow. Toilets can get clogged or the float can become jammed. Sinks and bathtubs are also spots where sometimes people simply forget that that water is running.
- Severe weather flooding. Severe rains storms, especially with driving winds, can cause water to enter through many spots in a home. Hurricanes, snow melts after heavy snow, or even high tides can cause flooding.
- Leaking or broken pipes. This is a common cause of water intrusion. The pipes may burst due to freezing temperatures or may have eroded over time, or have mineral buildup causing rupturing pressure.
- Leaking water heater tanks. Floods can occur anytime a water heater fails. Water can leak from the relief valve at the top, or anywhere there is a connection to the tank. The tank itself may leak.
- Damaged foundations. Gaps between the floor and walls created due to settling or failing foundations can allow water intrusion. Cracks or holes that develop over time can also let water enter.
- Sump pump failure. Sump pumps are meant to carry excess water away from home. If the switch breaks or there is an electrical failure, then the excess water cannot be dealt with, and flooding is the result.
- Poor drainage or clogged gutters. If there is not a proper sloping away from the structure, water can flow into a basement, crawl space, or seep up into a home built on a slab.
- Sewage backups. The septic system may be full and backup. On city water, a blockage may occur in the pipe meant to carry discharge water from the home.
Questions To Ask An Emergency Water Removal Professionals In
Dealing with water damage can seem overwhelming and scary. When you approach water removal companies, you may want to consider posing the following questions.
- Do you have a current business license?
- How many years have you been in service?
- How much will this cost me?
- Do you have a list of references I can contact?
- Do you perform drug tests on your employees?
- Can you fix the damage done to my house or only take the water out and dry it?
- Do you carry business liability insurance?
- How many years of experience do the people who work for you have?
- Are you available to help me now?
- What certifications does your company hold?
- What are you using to get the water out?
- What are you going to use to dry the space?
- What guarantees on your work do you give?
- How do you check and make sure all the water is gone and the area dried correctly?
- Can you help me with my insurance claim?
The Best Water Removal Company Near Me Is Restoration 1 of Columbia!
Time is of the essence when there is standing water in your home. Delays mean more damage to building materials and the increased possibility of mold growth. As you can see, we have the experience and expertise that you can count on. We will work with you in a professional and courteous manner and keep you informed every step of the way!