Emergency Water Removal Services In Pelion, SC
One of the top reasons for a homeowner to make an insurance company claim is water damage. The water may have intruded into the home, basement, or crawlspace because of severe weather. Water damage may have been due to an overflow or broken pipes in the house. No matter what the cause - or where it occurred - we can help. We can respond to your call 24/7, remove the water, and dry out areas affected.
Top 10 Reasons Water Removal Companies In Pelion, SC Are Called
- Appliances that have failed. The refrigerator's water line is a typical spot for leaks. Dishwashers and washing machines can also cause water damage.
- Roof leaks. Any place where two roof lines meet can be problematic if settling has caused gapping, or animals have chewed through the space to settle in the attic. Trees may fall on a home.
- Plumbing fixtures that overflow. Toilets can get clogged or the float can become jammed. Sinks and bathtubs are also spots where sometimes people simply forget that that water is running.
- Severe weather flooding. Severe rains storms, especially with driving winds, can cause water to enter through many spots in a home. Hurricanes, snow melts after heavy snow, or even high tides can cause flooding.
- Leaking or broken pipes. This is a common cause of water intrusion. The pipes may burst due to freezing temperatures or may have eroded over time, or have mineral buildup causing rupturing pressure.
- Leaking water heater tanks. Floods can occur anytime a water heater fails. Water can leak from the relief valve at the top, or anywhere there is a connection to the tank. The tank itself may leak.
- Damaged foundations. Gaps between the floor and walls created due to settling or failing foundations can allow water intrusion. Cracks or holes that develop over time can also let water enter.
- Sump pump failure. Sump pumps are meant to carry excess water away from home. If the switch breaks or there is an electrical failure, then the excess water cannot be dealt with, and flooding is the result.
- Poor drainage or clogged gutters. If there is not a proper sloping away from the structure, water can flow into a basement, crawl space, or seep up into a home built on a slab.
- Sewage backups. The septic system may be full and backup. On city water, a blockage may occur in the pipe meant to carry discharge water from the home.
Questions To Ask An Emergency Water Removal Professionals In Pelion, SC
In the unfortunate event that you need the services of an emergency water professional, there are some questions you might consider asking them.
- Can you provide me with references?
- Are you insured?
- Can you help me with my insurance claim?
- How long will it take for you to get here with your equipment?
- What equipment will you use to take the water out?
- What equipment will you use to dry out my home?
- If something needs to be thrown away, can you do that?
- Do you perform drug tests on your employees?
- Can you restore my home after the water is out and the space dry?
- Can you give me an estimate on cost of your services?
- What certifications do you have?
- How many years of experience do your workers have?
- How will you - and I - know that all the water is out and the space dry?
- What guarantees do you give for your work?
- Do you have a current business license?
The Best Water Removal Company Near Me Is Restoration 1 of Columbia!
Time is of the essence when there is standing water in your home. Delays mean more damage to building materials and the increased possibility of mold growth. As you can see, we have the experience and expertise that you can count on. We will work with you in a professional and courteous manner and keep you informed every step of the way!