Emergency Water Removal Services In Lake Murray of Richland, SC
One of the top reasons for a homeowner to make an insurance company claim is water damage. The water may have intruded into the home, basement, or crawlspace because of severe weather. Water damage may have been due to an overflow or broken pipes in the house. No matter what the cause - or where it occurred - we can help. We can respond to your call 24/7, remove the water, and dry out areas affected.
Top 10 Reasons Water Removal Companies In Lake Murray of Richland, SC Are Called
Insurance companies report that as many as half of their water damage claims are due to non-weather related events, and that around 17% of their applications are due to weather-related water damage situations. The top ten most common reasons why water removal companies are called are as follows.
- Broken or leaking pipes. Freezing temperatures can cause pipes to burst. Corrosion or buildups of minerals can lead to broken pipes as well. Joints are especially vulnerable spots.
- Flooding due to severe weather. Large amounts of rain, with or without driving winds, rising water levels, or hurricanes, can cause flooding. Even melting snow can sometimes cause water issues in a house.
- Overflows from plumbing fixtures. Accidental overflows from sinks, toilets, or bathtubs can lead to water damage situations. Overflow pans in the HVAC can also spell trouble.
- Appliances that fail. One common area of leaks is the water line that feeds the refrigerator. Dishwashers, washing machines are also frequency the culprit in flooding.
- Leaking or failed hot water heater tanks. Generally, this occurs at the relief value at the top of the unit, but the bottom may leak as well due to mineral buildup or corrosion.
- Poor drainage or clogged gutters. Any sloping of less than six inches of fall over a span of ten feet may cause water to enter a basement, crawl space, or home. Clogged gutters can force massive amounts of water to enter the ground, quickly saturating it.
- Sump pump failure. The sump pump may fail due to power outages, or a switch may malfunction.
- Roof leaks or collapse. Slow leaks over time, or rain coming in through varying size holes can buildup. One of the most common problems occurs when a tree collapses on a roof. Where one roof line meets another is also a hot spot for leaks.
- Foundation issues. Fissures, holes, or cracks in a foundation may allow the entrance of both groundwater and surface water.
- Sewage backups. This usually occurs because wastewater cannot correctly drain away from the house. Septic backups can also cause flooding.
Questions To Ask An Emergency Water Removal Professionals In Lake Murray of Richland, SC
In the unfortunate event that you need the services of an emergency water professional, there are some questions you might consider asking them.
- Can you provide me with references?
- Are you insured?
- Can you help me with my insurance claim?
- How long will it take for you to get here with your equipment?
- What equipment will you use to take the water out?
- What equipment will you use to dry out my home?
- If something needs to be thrown away, can you do that?
- Do you perform drug tests on your employees?
- Can you restore my home after the water is out and the space dry?
- Can you give me an estimate on cost of your services?
- What certifications do you have?
- How many years of experience do your workers have?
- How will you - and I - know that all the water is out and the space dry?
- What guarantees do you give for your work?
- Do you have a current business license?
The Best Water Removal Company Near Me Is Restoration 1 of Columbia!
As you can see from reading above, we are very knowledgable about the harm a flood can do to your home and why hiring an emergency water removal company in Restoration 1 of Columbia is so important. So, don't wait until mold starts to grow, or secondary damages to your property occurs and call us now by clicking the phone number below!