Emergency Water Removal Services In Irmo, SC
The Insurance Information Institute cites statistics show that the second more frequent cause of claims for homeowners is water damage. Broken pipes due to freezing, severe weather, accidental overflows, or malfunctioning appliances can cause water damage. In water emergencies, you need someone who will respond quickly to extract water and dry out the affected areas. We can respond 24/7 and will work with you in a friendly and professional manner.
Top 10 Reasons Water Removal Companies In Irmo, SC Are Called
Insurance companies report that as many as half of their water damage claims are due to non-weather related events, and that around 17% of their applications are due to weather-related water damage situations. The top ten most common reasons why water removal companies are called are as follows.
- Broken or leaking pipes. Freezing temperatures can cause pipes to burst. Corrosion or buildups of minerals can lead to broken pipes as well. Joints are especially vulnerable spots.
- Flooding due to severe weather. Large amounts of rain, with or without driving winds, rising water levels, or hurricanes, can cause flooding. Even melting snow can sometimes cause water issues in a house.
- Overflows from plumbing fixtures. Accidental overflows from sinks, toilets, or bathtubs can lead to water damage situations. Overflow pans in the HVAC can also spell trouble.
- Appliances that fail. One common area of leaks is the water line that feeds the refrigerator. Dishwashers, washing machines are also frequency the culprit in flooding.
- Leaking or failed hot water heater tanks. Generally, this occurs at the relief value at the top of the unit, but the bottom may leak as well due to mineral buildup or corrosion.
- Poor drainage or clogged gutters. Any sloping of less than six inches of fall over a span of ten feet may cause water to enter a basement, crawl space, or home. Clogged gutters can force massive amounts of water to enter the ground, quickly saturating it.
- Sump pump failure. The sump pump may fail due to power outages, or a switch may malfunction.
- Roof leaks or collapse. Slow leaks over time, or rain coming in through varying size holes can buildup. One of the most common problems occurs when a tree collapses on a roof. Where one roof line meets another is also a hot spot for leaks.
- Foundation issues. Fissures, holes, or cracks in a foundation may allow the entrance of both groundwater and surface water.
- Sewage backups. This usually occurs because wastewater cannot correctly drain away from the house. Septic backups can also cause flooding.
Questions To Ask An Emergency Water Removal Professionals In Irmo, SC
When you find yourself in a water damage situation, here are some questions that you might ask the prospective water damage specialists:
- Are you available 24/7?
- Do you have the proper certifications necessary for water extraction?
- How many years of experience do your service technicians have?
- What type of equipment are you going to use to extract the water?
- What type of equipment are you going to use to dry out the space?
- How do you check the extent of the damage?
- Can you help me with my insurance claim?
- Do you have a current business license?
- Do you have carry liability insurance?
- Do you perform drug tests on your employees?
- How much do your services cost?
- What guarantees do you offer if I use your services?
- Do you handle restoration as well, or can you recommend someone if you don't?
- Do you people that you have worked for that you can give me as references?
- Can you dispose of any materials that need to be discarded?
The Best Water Removal Company Near Me Is Restoration 1 of Columbia!
As you can see from reading above, we are very knowledgable about the harm a flood can do to your home and why hiring an emergency water removal company in Restoration 1 of Columbia is so important. So, don't wait until mold starts to grow, or secondary damages to your property occurs and call us now by clicking the phone number below!