Emergency Water Removal Services In Hopkins, SC
One of the top reasons for a homeowner to make an insurance company claim is water damage. The water may have intruded into the home, basement, or crawlspace because of severe weather. Water damage may have been due to an overflow or broken pipes in the house. No matter what the cause - or where it occurred - we can help. We can respond to your call 24/7, remove the water, and dry out areas affected.
Top 10 Reasons Water Removal Companies In Hopkins, SC Are Called
Insurance companies report that as many as half of their water damage claims are due to non-weather related events, and that around 17% of their applications are due to weather-related water damage situations. The top ten most common reasons why water removal companies are called are as follows.
- Broken or leaking pipes. Freezing temperatures can cause pipes to burst. Corrosion or buildups of minerals can lead to broken pipes as well. Joints are especially vulnerable spots.
- Flooding due to severe weather. Large amounts of rain, with or without driving winds, rising water levels, or hurricanes, can cause flooding. Even melting snow can sometimes cause water issues in a house.
- Overflows from plumbing fixtures. Accidental overflows from sinks, toilets, or bathtubs can lead to water damage situations. Overflow pans in the HVAC can also spell trouble.
- Appliances that fail. One common area of leaks is the water line that feeds the refrigerator. Dishwashers, washing machines are also frequency the culprit in flooding.
- Leaking or failed hot water heater tanks. Generally, this occurs at the relief value at the top of the unit, but the bottom may leak as well due to mineral buildup or corrosion.
- Poor drainage or clogged gutters. Any sloping of less than six inches of fall over a span of ten feet may cause water to enter a basement, crawl space, or home. Clogged gutters can force massive amounts of water to enter the ground, quickly saturating it.
- Sump pump failure. The sump pump may fail due to power outages, or a switch may malfunction.
- Roof leaks or collapse. Slow leaks over time, or rain coming in through varying size holes can buildup. One of the most common problems occurs when a tree collapses on a roof. Where one roof line meets another is also a hot spot for leaks.
- Foundation issues. Fissures, holes, or cracks in a foundation may allow the entrance of both groundwater and surface water.
- Sewage backups. This usually occurs because wastewater cannot correctly drain away from the house. Septic backups can also cause flooding.
Questions To Ask An Emergency Water Removal Professionals In Hopkins, SC
Dealing with water damage can seem overwhelming and scary. When you approach water removal companies, you may want to consider posing the following questions.
- Do you have a current business license?
- How many years have you been in service?
- How much will this cost me?
- Do you have a list of references I can contact?
- Do you perform drug tests on your employees?
- Can you fix the damage done to my house or only take the water out and dry it?
- Do you carry business liability insurance?
- How many years of experience do the people who work for you have?
- Are you available to help me now?
- What certifications does your company hold?
- What are you using to get the water out?
- What are you going to use to dry the space?
- What guarantees on your work do you give?
- How do you check and make sure all the water is gone and the area dried correctly?
- Can you help me with my insurance claim?
The Best Water Removal Company Near Me Is Restoration 1 of Columbia!
We have been dealing with water damage situations for many years and have strived to create a reputation for reliability and for using best practices. Hopefully, reading this information has made you feel comfortable that we have what it will take to get the job done - quickly, efficiently, courteously - while following all industry standards. We will treat your home as if it were ours!