Emergency Water Removal Services In Dentsville, SC
One of the top reasons for a homeowner to make an insurance company claim is water damage. The water may have intruded into the home, basement, or crawlspace because of severe weather. Water damage may have been due to an overflow or broken pipes in the house. No matter what the cause - or where it occurred - we can help. We can respond to your call 24/7, remove the water, and dry out areas affected.
Top 10 Reasons Water Removal Companies In Dentsville, SC Are Called
- Appliances that have failed. The refrigerator's water line is a typical spot for leaks. Dishwashers and washing machines can also cause water damage.
- Roof leaks. Any place where two roof lines meet can be problematic if settling has caused gapping, or animals have chewed through the space to settle in the attic. Trees may fall on a home.
- Plumbing fixtures that overflow. Toilets can get clogged or the float can become jammed. Sinks and bathtubs are also spots where sometimes people simply forget that that water is running.
- Severe weather flooding. Severe rains storms, especially with driving winds, can cause water to enter through many spots in a home. Hurricanes, snow melts after heavy snow, or even high tides can cause flooding.
- Leaking or broken pipes. This is a common cause of water intrusion. The pipes may burst due to freezing temperatures or may have eroded over time, or have mineral buildup causing rupturing pressure.
- Leaking water heater tanks. Floods can occur anytime a water heater fails. Water can leak from the relief valve at the top, or anywhere there is a connection to the tank. The tank itself may leak.
- Damaged foundations. Gaps between the floor and walls created due to settling or failing foundations can allow water intrusion. Cracks or holes that develop over time can also let water enter.
- Sump pump failure. Sump pumps are meant to carry excess water away from home. If the switch breaks or there is an electrical failure, then the excess water cannot be dealt with, and flooding is the result.
- Poor drainage or clogged gutters. If there is not a proper sloping away from the structure, water can flow into a basement, crawl space, or seep up into a home built on a slab.
- Sewage backups. The septic system may be full and backup. On city water, a blockage may occur in the pipe meant to carry discharge water from the home.
Questions To Ask An Emergency Water Removal Professionals In Dentsville, SC
When you find yourself in a water damage situation, here are some questions that you might ask the prospective water damage specialists:
- Are you available 24/7?
- Do you have the proper certifications necessary for water extraction?
- How many years of experience do your service technicians have?
- What type of equipment are you going to use to extract the water?
- What type of equipment are you going to use to dry out the space?
- How do you check the extent of the damage?
- Can you help me with my insurance claim?
- Do you have a current business license?
- Do you have carry liability insurance?
- Do you perform drug tests on your employees?
- How much do your services cost?
- What guarantees do you offer if I use your services?
- Do you handle restoration as well, or can you recommend someone if you don't?
- Do you people that you have worked for that you can give me as references?
- Can you dispose of any materials that need to be discarded?
The Best Water Removal Company Near Me Is Restoration 1 of Columbia!
Time is of the essence when there is standing water in your home. Delays mean more damage to building materials and the increased possibility of mold growth. As you can see, we have the experience and expertise that you can count on. We will work with you in a professional and courteous manner and keep you informed every step of the way!