Emergency Water Removal Services In Columbia, SC
One of the top reasons for a homeowner to make an insurance company claim is water damage. The water may have intruded into the home, basement, or crawlspace because of severe weather. Water damage may have been due to an overflow or broken pipes in the house. No matter what the cause - or where it occurred - we can help. We can respond to your call 24/7, remove the water, and dry out areas affected.
Top 10 Reasons Water Removal Companies In Columbia, SC Are Called
- Flooding due to severe weather. Hurricanes, severe rainstorms, high water levels, or even melting snow can cause water damage.
- Foundation issues. Any cracks or gaps in the foundation can allow water to enter the basement, crawl space, or home.
- Broken or leaking pipes. Frozen pipes are a common cause of water damages. Other times mineral buildup or corrosion are the causes of leaking or broken pipes.
- Poor drainage or clogged gutters. Water should also always be directed away from the structure by sloping. In addition, gutters should be kept clean so that water is not forced to the ground at the level of the foundation.
- Failed appliances. Dishwashers, washing machines, HVAC systems, refrigerators, clogged garbage disposals - all these can cause water intrusion.
- Roofs that leak. Leaking may occur because a tree has fallen on the home, penetrating the attic. The spots where rooflines meet are areas where gaps can develop and allow water in.
- Overflowed plumbing fixtures. This accidental flooding happens when sinks, tubs, or toilets get clogged. Or perhaps the running water is simply forgotten.
- Water heaters. Tanks can fail - most commonly at the bottom due to corrosion or mineral buildup. The pressure valve at the top of the tank may also fail.
- Sewage backups. Water that is discharged from the home may be blocked and backed up.
- Sump pump failure. A sump pump's job is to move water away from home, and when they malfunction, flooding is a real possibility.
Questions To Ask An Emergency Water Removal Professionals In Columbia, SC
Dealing with water damage can seem overwhelming and scary. When you approach water removal companies, you may want to consider posing the following questions.
- Do you have a current business license?
- How many years have you been in service?
- How much will this cost me?
- Do you have a list of references I can contact?
- Do you perform drug tests on your employees?
- Can you fix the damage done to my house or only take the water out and dry it?
- Do you carry business liability insurance?
- How many years of experience do the people who work for you have?
- Are you available to help me now?
- What certifications does your company hold?
- What are you using to get the water out?
- What are you going to use to dry the space?
- What guarantees on your work do you give?
- How do you check and make sure all the water is gone and the area dried correctly?
- Can you help me with my insurance claim?
The Best Water Removal Company Near Me Is Restoration 1 of Columbia!
We have been dealing with water damage situations for many years and have strived to create a reputation for reliability and for using best practices. Hopefully, reading this information has made you feel comfortable that we have what it will take to get the job done - quickly, efficiently, courteously - while following all industry standards. We will treat your home as if it were ours!